Going Freelance was established to provide information to those who are considering or preparing to make the switch from being employed to working for themselves.
Chris Wheeler, the founding editor, comes from a background of freelancing in the UK web development industry, however the majority of the articles and resources on Going Freelance are applicable to all industries including Design, Writing, Photography and more.
How was Going Freelance built?
This website is powered by WordPress and uses a design by Woothemes.
You can build a website like this one by following these the four steps below:
- Register your domain name with GoDaddy or your favorite registrar.
- Setup your web hosting with:
- Heart Internet (UK – 10% off for Going Freelance readers)
- 1&1 (International)
- HostGator (USA)
- Install and customise WordPress.
- Download and install a custom theme from WooThemes.
An in-depth tutorial on how to build a website for your freelance business will be online shortly.
Do you need writers?
We’re always looking to add informative content and articles to the site, so get in touch if you would like to wrte an article for Going Freelance as a guest writer.